We like to take Delaney & Bonnie into town with us. They love all the new smells, meeting people and getting lots of attention.
But compared to many other countries in Europe our city is deeply unwelcoming to our four legged friends.
Dogs are not welcome on public transport and very few bars and restaurants will allow them either inside or outside.
Recently at Olivettos in Dun Laoghaire we were chased from their (empty) outdoor garden by health and safety zealots.
So where can you enjoy a coffee, drink or meal with your canine companion?
Here’s what we know…
- Baggots Hutton, South William Street before 5pm
- The Swan, Aungier Street – outside terrace only
- The Dropping Well – bar only
- Café H, Grand Canal Dock – outdoor terrace only
- Johnny Foxes – outside seating only
- Avoca, Monkstown – front outside bench only
- The Tramyard Café, Dalkey – outdoor seating only
- The Gravediggers, Glasnevin – bar only
- O’Brien’s, Leeson Street
- Caffe Italiano, Crow Street
- The Fumbally, Clanbrassil Street